03 January 2010

Summer Singing with Grandpa

This summer while we were in Kalamazoo Michigan, I was challenged to sing "the dutch song" with my grandpa. I'm not sure that everyone thought I could do it, so we videotaped it for all to see. The story behind the song is that my grandpa used to sing this to all of us grandkids when we were little. It's a very catchy song and after all these years I still remember the words. After we made this video Connor, Dylan, and Maci continually wanted to sing the dutch song. They've almost got it mastered now, so I guess we're passing it to another generation. This is such a great memory of my childhood and time at Grandpa and Grandma's house.

2 comments:

Mitch, Em & Kaden said...

Wish I could say that I had that memorized from childhood too! :) Grandpa's smile at the end is priceless- I love it!

Unknown said...

Cool.